Fun With Waves

Since I'm still working on the iOS app at AdAdapted, not much has changed on that front. In other news, though, I have started playing around with audio programming in my spare time. It's a lot of fun, if not frustrating at times. I've gotten it down to where I can program entire songs with relative ease and let my data-writing algorithms handle any music I throw at it. I've gotten the audio pretty clean, but there are still some artifacts that I don't like. Because I'm writing the sin waves that represent the musical notes programatically, they're written immediately at maximum volume, which produces are small popping sound because of the rapid change in air pressure. Now, I've written some algorithms that clean this up by introducing fades, but it's not perfect. If I'm mastering multiple tracks, some pops still remain, but I can't tell what's allowing them to stay. They should be gone, but they're just not.

Most curious. It's been keeping me busy and has given me some pretty cool things to listen to.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Example App is Coming Along

App Nearly Complete--Tutorials?

Integration Complete, Videos Next